- Finding Them Homes – Dog Rescue helps communities along Ontario’s James Bay coast and other remote locations reduce the dog over-population by adopting dogs out to their forever homes, running spay/neuter clinics in the communities, and providing donated dog food and supplies.
- Flights For Hope – Raises funds to help rescues in need of financial help to cover flight costs to fly dogs to rescue.
- Rat Terrier Rescue Canada A charitable non-profit, volunteer organization that rescues and fosters Rat Terriers in private homes.
- Agility Association Of Canada Competitive dog agility at a local, regional, national, and international level, for all handlers and dogs without regard to pedigree.
- Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) Canadian source on dog breeds, purebred puppies, dog competitions and events, kennel club show dogs, dog ownership, training, and registration.
- American Kennel Club (AKC) Find information on dog breeds, dog ownership, health, nutrition, exercise, training, behavior, and grooming as well as news from AKC clubs, competitions, and sporting events.
- United Kennel Club (UKC) The largest all-breed performance-dog registry in the world, Most of its licensed events are tests of hunting ability, training, and instinct.
- The Peterborough Humane Society is a registered charitable organization dependent on public donations. They promote responsible pet ownership concepts through community outreach.
- Humane Society of Durham Region A non-profit organization that provides compassionate care for abused, abandoned, and neglected animals in our community while they await their new beginning in life. They operate a no-kill shelter and provide care until a new home is found regardless of the time it takes. The shelter and does not receive any formal government assistance. They rely solely on the contributions of others in order to provide care and a home for the animals.
- Pet Finder An online, searchable database of animals who need homes. It is also a directory of nearly 14,000 animal shelters and adoption organizations.
- Doggone Safe Bite prevention education for families and dog owners about dog body language, safe training methods, and how to act safely around dogs to prevent dog bites. Their flagship bite prevention program is called Be a Tree and it has been delivered to nearly 1 million children worldwide.
- Canuck Dogs Dog fanciers can quickly find Canadian dog event information. Dog show results and statistics available for every CKC conformation show in Canada.
- North American Flyball Association – NAFA is a nonprofit organization that is recognized as the world’s leading authority on flyball and the sport’s top sanctioning organization.
Toys & Agility Supplies
- SaltyDog Canvas Manufacturer and supplier of premium toys and accessories for agility, flyball,obedience, skijoring, tracking and for sports-minded dogs and their handlers.
Pet Food and Nutrition
- The Dog Food Advisor – A public service website designed to help you make a more informed decision when buying dog food.
- Rodney Habib – Award winning pet nutrition blogger shares articles and tips about how to help your pets live happier healthier lives by feeding them whole, fresh, real food.
- Regal Connection Good Doggy is an authorized Regal Connection dealer for top quality leashes, etc
- E-collar – Remote dog training collars that uses the lowest levels of corrective stimulus to improve behaviour and reduce stress in dogs.
- 4Legs4Pets – Indoor/Outdoor place traing cots for pets. Ideal for homeand travel. Quick assembly, no hardware, no tools required.
- Michelle’s Grooming
20 King Avenue East, Newcastle, ON L1B 1H6 tel: 905-987-1870
- The Modern Dog Grooming Studio
2641 Television Road, Unit 1 Peterborough, ON K9J 0G6 tel: (705) 876-9660
Be A Tree - Bite Prevention Program
Canadian Kennel Club